Releasing the Old, Embracing the Now

Yolanda - Los Angeles, California

I believe in saying goodbye to the things of the past, the “old stuff” that has filled the spaces of my existence: clothes, relationships that have failed, beliefs that do not foster peace, stubbornness and self centeredness – it is time to say, “Goodbye.” It is time for them to dissipate as I clear my head, my heart, the space – in which I roam. As I move into embracing the now, it is time to let the not-so-good memories and habits of the old go on their way, out the door of my existence.

The old wedding dress that has faded into the darkness of the hopes I had then, as I deal with now. The rocky trials and lonely days I never imagined would come from that moment I said, “I do” – and then becoming a single parent of two. Not to mention, the years of endless hours that were spent building my graphic design business that has only ended in zero balance – yet, I know there are valuable lessons learned and life-long friendships gained.

I believe that it is time for those old dreams and hopes to move on. Through these experiences I am now ready to move forward into this time. Stronger, matured through my growing pains and teared filled nights that I only know – walking in faith, affirmed and accepting were I am now. Knowing that God is really there for me, because my life has shown me so.

I believe that the embracing of now that I feel, is yearning to be released and clear of any clutter that will enable the wholeness of its life – seeking to challenge the taboos of my past and set me free. Yes, I am ready to dive into the halo of what this time presents. It is calling my name and my footsteps are moving on its path.

I believe now in what life is presenting to me – a season of fulfillment, love, new friendships and most of all, to know that God is the one who will continue to walk with me in the tough times and the good!