Reasons to Live

Dakota - Fort Collins, Colorado

People have told me that God created everyone for a reason. If this is true, then how do you figure out what your purpose in life is? I believe that trying new things gives everyone reason to live.

I am a 14-year-old, so I still have a lot of miles left on my gage. I woke up one morning and it dawned on me. If you never do anything new then you will never achieve greatness, discover ways of life, find beliefs, and possibly not even feel emotions that many have felt. If you are on of these people then don’t worry because I am too. If you can read this it means you are still alive so you still have until you can’t read this to reach it.

You probably have a routine in the morning… You wake up… Jump in the shower… Get dressed… Eat some breakfast and then you head out to start the rest of your day. What if you do this every single day for 70… 80… 90… even 100 years (If you live that long) until you die? That would get old pretty fast. The average age of death is 86 years of age. That would mean doing that same routine 31,390 times in your lifetime (not including leap-years). Let’s just say there really is a God and He created everyone for a reason, well if you never do anything new then how are you going to do what you are born to do? If you never do what you were created to do, then you haven’t fulfilled your purpose so why were you created? Trying new things will lead you to a more exciting life and will also lead you to “God’s goal” for you. I believe trying new things gives everyone reason to live.

God wouldn’t create everyone if he wanted to have billions of his creations doing the exact same thing time after time. Almost all politicians, celebrities, any inventors have already discovered this. Change isn’t an easy thing to do though. It might take a while but that’s what you are here for so there is still a ton of time.

I believe that trying new things gives everyone reason to live. The scary part about my belief is there are positive sides and negative sides. Many people have done great things from this belief such as Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, John Lennon, and Rosa Parks. On the other hand, there are some down sides including Columbine, the Holocaust, Slavery, and terrorism. By far, the best part of this belief is either good or bad there is going to be something in common. They all have led this world to be stronger. I know that many of these tragedies shouldn’t have taken place but if they didn’t the world wouldn’t have grown like it has. I believe that trying new things gives everyone reason to live.