I Believe….

Ashley - Beaverton, Oregon

I Believe….

I believe that no matter what occurs in life, it happens for a reason.

I’ve never thought about my believes like this before, I’ve just lived in the moment, but throughout my life I’ve realized that everything occurs for a reason whether the results are positive or negative. Although, I’ve only experienced 15 ½ years on this earth several things have happened to me, and at that time I thought it was the most dreadful thing that had happened to me. However, later I realized it was the best thing that could have happened.

As an adolescent, I had many thoughts soaring throughout my head. Some thoughts were telling me to be a rebel, some telling me to be the angel and although I was both bad and good, I know that everything that had happened in my life such as when I stole money from my mom or when I skipped school. I now know that it occurred for a reason, it taught me that mistakes are a part of life and yes I’ve made my fair share of good and bad choices, but all my experiences have made me a better person.

The sun had risen upon us on a chilly September day, and it was the first day of school. The first steps I took into my third grade class I sat next to a girl that I’ve never talked to or seen before I said “hello”, and she said “what’s up”, and that’s when our friendship began.

We where the best of friends and it couldn’t get any better, but as years past she started abusing our relationship. She would find ways to put me down such as inform me on the new shoes or toy’s she would receive, or mention that she was wealthier than me, and made me feel that she was always superior to me. As a young child I thought she was just being sincere, and most of all I thought, she was being my friend. Quickly, I realized that she wasn’t my friend; she was putting me down so she could feel better about herself or for whatever reason. Whenever, I would confront her she would deny the spiteful things she said or did. One summer, she had moved into a stunning house, went to a new school, and made new friends and as the months past on and on we slowly stopped talking and about 1000 pounds was lifted off my shoulders. I was relieved when our relationship had ended because, I realized that even though I had a terrible experience it leads me to believe, that everything occurs for a reason and yet I’m not sure why this had happened to me, but my relationship with her made me understand the value of friendship.

In this universe, there are numerous things we encounter in life and yet you might not know why it happened but you’ll soon realize it wasn’t so bad in the end.