I believe

Bruce - Sandusly, Ohio

The thing I believe in is me! I Believe in myself and my beliefs will take me 2 where I want to go. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are” (Theodore Roosevelt). I first heard this quote in a person’s speech at a black history program; and it touched me deeply because it was so true in mine and other people’s lives. And its words stuck with me ever since. Many people are blinded by what they grow up and see all their lives. They become a product of their environment and, they never manage to develop pasted their self potential. Becoming more then what I see with my eyes is my goal in life, and college is the only path that will take me there. In today’s world, a high school diploma isn’t enough, four years of college is the least that is required. The reason I desire to go to college is because I want to enhance my life and become victorious. I don’t want to be just a statistic that proves society right in their judgment of young black men. I want to be an upstanding man in society to whom people can look up to for guidance. I furthermore want to set an example for the generation after me. By being an example of someone who succeeded despite all the obstacles in life, I hope will give them power to pursue their dreams. All through life, people highlight all the negative statistics that can hinder success such as; failure rate and drop outs! But you rarely hear about the people who have gone on and have become doctors, lawyers, and teachers. I want to be that success story that brings a sense of hope for others who have a dream. Without a dream, a future isn’t possible. All my beliefs and dreams will take me where I want to go because I believe in myself fully!