Life is a test

Blake - fort collins, Colorado

Mr. Schneider English

This I believe

Life, at its fullest and lowest, is a test, a test not for God, but for us as human beings. Why do I believe this? It may seem like a strange orientation of the way of acknowledging things, but is it that far off?

In my experience of my religion, LDS, it is taught that life is more an experience to show us who we are and what we want to be, and, also, to show us if we think we are prepared to live the afterlife as a glorified being.

To my beliefs, I know that God knows how we will end up and knows every one of our choices and thoughts, but chooses to give us the opportunity to show ourselves how we really act and think under extreme pressures and temptations.

I believe in this reasoning because of my strong beliefs in my religion and its statutes. In it, it explains all that I have previously talked on. I have no proof that what I am saying is true. Every choice we make effects our lives in ways that one cannon come close to comprehending. If we succumb to the wrong side of a temptation, it will make it easier to do so in the future. This causes a chain reaction of possible bad behaviors and eventually could lead to imprisonment or serious loss of rights and privileges. But, not only can these effects be physically, but can mentally impair us and cause us to have dark thoughts in which also make choosing these wrong paths much easier. But, as odd as it may seem, these effects are not only earthly, but can follow us even after death to ruin our potential happiness and darken our afterlife. Be careful what you do and say in life.

But, is it only us that these dark choices can effect? No, its very clear that what we do affects everyone around us just as much as it does ourselves. Therefore the average person will not only make the right choices to help themselves, but to benefit and not drag down others to do the erroneous thing.

I also believe that we earn our reward and get what we deserve. Its as if you work hard and then get paid extra for your achievements or on the other hand be slothful and get what you deserve, nothing. What we do in this life is, in my mind, a chance to earn ourselves the highest degree of heaven at its fullest, and to prove to us that what we do here is not worthless.

In all these things such as earning our rewards and achieving our earthly goals, I believe. Life is a test, not for God, but for us, treat it as so and I believe that we will earn our just reward. This is what I know to be true according to my experiences and according to my religion in which I so strongly believe.

In all this and in all teachings of my religion, this I believe.