I believe

Richard - Auburn, Washington
Themes: carpe diem

Richie Sanchez

11-5-08

As people, we take times for granted, we should live everyday as if it’s the last, but we don’t. We skate by life just waiting for things to happen, for things to go our way. I believe we don’t take advantage of time and seizing the moment we have. Seems to me, that today we are more about work, and not any play. We are more worried about making money and not having fun. Why is this? Either because we are scared, scared of what people will think, or either just don’t know how to have fun. You should be true to yourself, don’t care what people will think, if you cared what people thought before you did anything, you would be living there life and not your own. Make the choices you want to make. Do what you want to do.

When I think about it, I took time for granted. I just let time pass by. I was the guy that never really spoke up for what he believed in, never put any input. Until one day I decided to get involved with my school. I was already playing sports like football, basketball, and ran track for the school. But I wanted something more, I wanted to be in ASB and make choices for my school. I thought to myself, I really don’t like the things that go on around here, it just seems so boring. So if I was in ASB I could do the fun things that other people would like to do. I ran for junior class vice president and won, it was time to start making change. A few months later I set up the homecoming dance for my school. It was a success, everyone had a nice time.

At this point in my life, being in the 11th grade, my life is great. Being a student athlete is rough, you have to work twice as hard on your school work then you work on the field. But it all pays off in the long run. There are times when I’m about play then work, but that’s when reality pulls me in and tells me to buckle down.

it’s a little more easier to have fun as a kid because all we want to do is have fun, but if you are an adult, Just have fun. Roll up your sleeves and live life. Get caught up in life? Life is to short to just go with the flow, to have someone tell you what to do and you live by what they say because you don’t want to stand up for what you believe in. If you want to jump off a bridge, go for it. If you want to nit got for that. Do what ever is fun for you. If you didn’t get anything from this paper or you took it in and understood where I was coming from, I have a few words of encouragement. Live life, don’t let it live you.