My Hero

luis - auburn, Washington

My hero

A hero to me is a person who is always for you no matter what happens. When I was small I heard all the other kids talking about how they had a hero that they liked a lot and wished they where that hero. Like for example some of the heroes that were really common back then where Spiderman, Batman, Power rangers, and the Turtle ninjas. My favorite hero was Spiderman because he could travel by using his web and he saved a lot of people. But that was back then, now the only hero that I look up to is not a hero that comes up on TV or that has special powers and that hero is my mom, Carmen Garcia.

My mom is really special to me in many different ways like when I’m sick she is the one that stays up all night looking over me even though she has to wake up every morning at four forty-five a.m. to go to work. My mom is a strong woman and doesn’t give up for anybody or anything, like for example my dad not living with me, my two other brothers, my little sister and my mom doesn’t mean my mom should just give up on raising us up and getting us through school. My dad not living with us makes it really hard for me, my brothers and mom because my mom doesn’t have anybody to help her on bills or to pay other stuff because we don’t really have that much family here in the U.S. just My uncle, my ant, and my cousins. My mom is always giving me and my brother a lot of advice about school and life. She says that we should be glad that we can get this type of education for free not like in Mexico and that here in the U.S. we can really pursue a career because she said that when she was small she didn’t really have all these options of going to college and school over in Mexico cost a lot of money. She also tells me that I should always be happy for what I have and to not let anything or anybody stop from doing what I really like doing like playing soccer. My mom is the one who worries a lot for me like for example I sometimes get injured in playing soccer and she always tells me to be really careful and she even sometimes tells me to stop playing soccer because I get injured a lot.

Her bringing me here to the U.S. was the best thing that has happened to me in my life. When we came here she gave me everything she could give me like a good shelter and bought me clothes; even though when we came to this country with no money, my mom was already working so she bought me and my brothers what she could.

My goal in life is to get a career, have a big and beautiful family but the most important goal is to buy my mom her dream house and return that same kindness, importance and love she always gave me when I was growing up. She will always mean something in my life and she will always be my number one hero no matter what.