Birth Control

Jenna - Lake Tapps, Washington

When my older sister was 12 years old she started her period. She tried to get birth control to help her flow and so she would know when her period was coming. When my sister was growing up birth control was so expensive, she could no afford it. So three years later she got pregnant by the man who raped her. When she found out she was pregnant all she could think about was if only she could have afforded birth control she might not be pregnant now. Now she has a four year old daughter that she was not ready for and cannot afford. IF she could have just been able to afford birth control maybe her out come could have been different.

I believe all women should be able to get free birth control at the age 9 years old or older. Birth control should be free for all women who are not ready to have kids or who needed to balance their hormones. Also just in case they get raped and do not want to get pregnant from their rapist. I believe if all women could get free birth control child birth rates would be down and so would pregnancy test rates. All women are entitled to free birth control no matter why they need it and age should not matter. Birth control will help women be more balanced and help them not have kids until they are ready to have kids and protect them.

Birth control will help keep young women and women’s periods in line. Birth control is needed each year by younger girls who keep starting their periods even earlier than that last set of girls to start. Each year over 1million girls keep starting their period at the young ages of 9-12years old compared to when your parents were young not until 14-17 years old. Birth control would also help young girls with their flow and if they did decide to have sex so they would not get pregnant. Birth control will also make the young women’s moods a lot better when they are on their period, and they will always know when there period is coming.

I believe all women should value Birth control because it is their to help them and maybe even keep mistakes from happing in their life, or even things they are not ready for. I think all women should stand up and demand free birth control. I think there should be no age limit with in reason on getting birth control, I also think it should be free to all women no matter if they are virgins or if their just no ready for a child, they should be offered free bitch control at no price to them.

Birth control keeps women and young women from having to go through the pain of abortions or having a child when they are not money or mentally ready for a child. Birth control gives women a choice on when they have kids and when their period is and what there flow will be and helps their moods. I believe free birth control is the way of the future for all preteens, teens, and women. With out birth control there would be all kinds of pregnant women and unwanted babies every where. Free Birth control is what women need and all women deserve.