I Believe in The Power of the Obama Family To Inspire Children Across the Globe

Sue - Empire, Michigan

I believe that the Obama family has a gift of inspiration to give children across the country this Christmas.

I grew up in a conservative family, one that thought a Catholic in the White House was unacceptable. In those days, many kids were expected to be seen, not heard. And, we believed that, at least until it was time to rebel. The election of Barack Obama gives every child hope, and I believe the Obama family can inspire children across the globe, just as Barack did in his campaign. He delivered a message of hope and faith that empowered each of us to get involved and take back our government with change. He gave us hope and faith in the power of change. I believe that the Obama family can change the world of education by inspiring kids to ask for their needs to be met.

At this point in my life, I have raised three daughters as a single parent and am now nearing fifty-nine years of occupancy on earth. Each day I am inspired as I work with kids, asking them questions and giving them facts that help them figure out just how smart they are. Just like Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, inspires and brings forth the potential of a dog, so do I with children. We are The Kid Whisperers.

From the time I went to school, whenever I struggled in a subject, my dad would say, “What are you stupid?” I learned to believe that I was stupid. The more we learn about the brain the more we see that traumatic experiences impact our beliefs. In fact, the latest research shows that how a child feels about who they are in the world just might be the biggest factor in future addictions. Imagine what a powerful message that would be for kids—coming from one of the most inspirational President-elects ever. After all, children are the true customers in education.

I have a dream. I see Barack, Michelle and their daughters giving a half hour address to the kids of the world—the most powerful Kid Whisperers at this time. In this address the family engages kids in helping kids figure out just how smart they are. Kids hear that they matter. They appeal to each adult, each teacher, each administrator to encourage each child to discover their gift within by allowing the change that needs to happen. Tests and grades are not a measure of success or intelligence. They are simply a measure of success in teaching.

I see a nation-wide volunteer program that works with kids via Skype, to continue supporting and empowering kids. The volunteers are there to change the limited beliefs of the child, to help the child learn how to eliminate resistance and then to get their homework down quickly and easily–so a child can bring forth their gift within. I believe that we are in a powerful evolution of humanity, and the Obamas can inspire children across the world.