Laughter: A sense of joy

Deonka - Cypress, Texas

Laughter: A Sense Of Joy

I believe that laughter is what brings people together. It brings sworn

enemies to a common level. It makes me forget about how awful my day was or how I just want to give up on life. Laughter is the basic meaning of happiness and joy.

Usually every year, at least one of my teachers’ asks the class,” What do you think the world would be like without laughter?” In response to that question I always say the same thing, without laughter the world would be a dark and lonely place. It would stand still. People would take things very seriously, children would have no sense of joy in their lives and their childhood would be meaningless. Nothing interesting would ever happen. Everyone would be exactly alike, meaning that they could be described as boring, no personality, and just ” PLAIN JANE. ” Life itself would be a complete waste of time. There would not be a single characteristic that seperated each individual making them unique.

But in the world today, no one has to worry about this. For laughter is what seperates me from every other person in the world. It gives people a sense of individuality, self-confidence, and personality. Laughter makes me feel that no matter how hard people try to emulate me, they could never be me. The reason is simple, not one single person can ever act like me because everyone has there own flaws and advantages that can never be altered.

The way a person laughs can also show their personality. There are so many types of laughter, it is practically impossible to count them all. There are short laughs, squeaky laughs, low laughs, loud laughs, annoying laughs, and just out-right weird laughs. The way people laugh shows who they really are. It brings out their true colors. The sound of laughter makes even the most evil, cruel person seem like there is a sense of good in them.

Laughter is the key to happiness and a sense of individuality. Laughter

defines me. It makes me feel full of life. Seeing others laugh for good reason is a picture-perfect moment. Laughter makes each day different from the last and gives me something to look foward to. It erases family fueds, the feeling of being depressed, and life-less moments. Laughter is a part of human nature. Without it, life is worthless.