Time to Think

Ashlee - Cypress, Texas

I believe in bubble baths. No, I’m not talking about personal hygiene, although I am a big believer in that too, what I mean is that I believe in having a little time to myself to think about things. I need that peace and quiet, that alone time to think about my hopes, my dreams, my future, anything and everything. Something about that warm water, the candles and the soft music, clears my head and allows me to make intelligent and well thought out solutions to any problem I may be having. The warm water relaxes my tense muscles, the bubbles make everything feel so simple, the candles make me feel special and the music really is the cherry on top, it’s soothing and calming, and all this together is the perfect setting to fix a broken heart, erase any anger and to plan out solutions to any problem. When I was 14 years old in the summer before my sophomore year, my family and I moved to Texas. I was uprooted from the only home I had really known and I was lost. I was scared to death of starting a new school, meeting new people, and having a completely new life. To say the least I was unhappy with my parents and the situation I was now in. My only sanity for those first few weeks was my nightly bubble baths. I could be alone, with no interruptions, and this was the perfect time to convince myself that everything would be okay. I thought out all the possible ways that I could introduce myself, all the possible outfits I could wear on the first day of school, and what I would do if I couldn’t find anyone to sit with at lunch. These decisions, although not necessarily life-altering, were of the utmost importance to me. The solitude of my bubble baths helped me through the biggest transition of my life yet and I know that no matter how big or small the problem may be all it takes is a little warm water, some bubbles, some smelly candles and my favorite CD and all my problems seem to drift away. This is why I believe in bubble baths.