The Seperation Line

Vishnu - houston, Texas

When I see a person sitting on the street begging for money, the first thing I think is that they didn’t have a proper education, or they didn’t value their education. This I believe, that knowledge is the great equalizer. I believe that knowledge evens the playing field for everyone, rich or poor. I dont believe that anyone can claim that they were born smarter, or with more knowledge than anyone else.

The only difference separating the successful people and the failures is one simple fact. The successful people pushed through adversity and pursued knowledge at all costs, because knowledge is power. Knowledge is what caused humans to evolve, and become what we are today. Humans have come from hunting animals to death with sticks, to flying tens of thousands of feet above the ground at one thousand miles per hour. Hundreds of years ago, when African Americans were oppressed, some Africans sought to drink from the basin of knowledge. These are the people who are the future of America. Knowledge is what caused them to rise up above the rest, and sit upon the throne of equality, so that no man or women could look down upon them. Knowledge is the fuel that keeps the earth running; the people are like the pumps, regulating the amount of fuel that goes through. I believe that asking questions is the way people gain more knowledge. When you don’t ask questions, you remain in your ignorance, damning yourself repeatedly. It takes courage to ask a question, and not know what the answer will be. The answer could reveal things to you, or push you farther down into the darkness. When I was younger I used to think that life was all about having fun. Playing video games all day or hanging out with friends, day after day. As I started to progress, growing older, I would start asking people questions, becoming more and more curious about the world surrounding me. Some people would get angry at me, and some would sit and talk with me. I found their reactions to be interesting, how the reactions varied from person to person. On a day that I remember particularly, I was sitting in the backyard with my Aunt, and we had just finished weeding her yard. I had just asked her the meaning of life, and she gave me a simple one sentence answer, to be the best that you can be. My Aunt gave me two concepts to live by, be the best that you can be, and sit up straighter. To this day, those words have molded me into the person that I am today.

I believe that I have the tenacity to make a difference in the world. I believe that knowledge shall be my stepping stones to success. I believe that to live life to its fullest potential, you need knowledge. This I believe, that knowledge is the great equalizer.