Faith in our Nation and in God

Lauren - Bryan, Texas

I believe that people are built on a foundation of faith. To be built on faith means that you must have the highest confidence in something that cannot be proven with factual evidence. To have faith is almost impossible for most people today. In every argument and debate about the political and economic world of today everyone wants PROOF! “Give me proof the economy is in a recession, give me proof Barack Obama can fix this nation, give me proof I will be able to put my children through college, give me proof I won’t lose my job and my home!” The aggravating part of these incredibly important demands in our lives is that none of them can be guaranteed to us. With the condition of this country no one knows if they will be able to do any of those things in the future. However, a historic change in this nation, whether or not you or I agree with it, it has instilled in so many a faith in this nation and faith that the thousands of problems we face COULD be changed.

To be a college student in this time of crisis in our country is terrifying, especially when those like me have taken a student loan to pay for school and then go to work every day after classes to pay the rest of my bills. A historic change has been made, one that can only be surpassed when a woman takes office. The point is that this day was thought to never come for so long. Most of us in this room may not be thrilled with this transition of power. But, so many in this nation never thought it would happen and it has resurfaced hope in so many, which can never be a bad thing. Even if you voted for the other guy, now you must trust in our new president. Faith in him is what makes us American, faith in a better future for our nation starts with supporting him.

People are built on a foundation of faith. We all need the promise of success and happiness. With no guarantee of this ever happening, the only possibility to have confidence that it will is to have faith, faith that your hard work will achieve your goals for your life, faith in the ones that we chose to run this nation for us and that they will do what is necessary to change the path of this country. For me, I have faith in all these things; however, I have faith in something so much more powerful. My faith lies in God, that He will make my path in life just as it should be and that gives me much more peace than anyone whose faith lies in anything else!