Nicholas - Cypress, Texas

I believe in the limitless possibilities of Man and his accomplishments. It is quite a broad statement, applicable to of course all humans on this Earth. I have always pondered the timeless successes and failures of our species, the amazing progress we have made as we have adapted to differing social situations as we have controlled our planet for millennia. I have come to know of something I like to call the “Human Element,” and I use it everyday because it is a part of me, like everyone else. I believe it’s what makes us unique on this planet, and what makes me unique from everybody else.

I find my personal experience with the Human Element in my daily chores and responsibilities. The Human Element allows for choice, and ashamedly as a teenager (or a human for that matter) I find myself choosing the irresponsible path from time to time. I find that a main flaw in my character is procrastination, something that drives my mom up the wall with frustration. The Human Element, in this sense, actually gets in the way of the “limitless possibilities” I mentioned earlier. The irony however, as I have discovered in my thoughts and experiences with the Human Element, is that the contrary is true as well. The choices we make, if made in the right direction, leads to hard work and accomplishments. The Human Element also details the morals that guide us, the morals, that hold society together, and the morals, that give humans unique qualities that have led to human dominance on this planet. I find the things I succeed at the most are the things I find motivation in. Therefore, the main catalyst I see is motivation.

When I find the right motivation myself, I find that I feel I can do anything. This sensation puts my faith in the overall success in our species and the limitless possibilities. I combine motivation with the other aspects of the Human Element, meaning morals and choices. This is how I believe everything comes together to cause humanity’s remarkable progress. When I have a passion for something, I know nothing can stand in my way. This is what I believe.