The Power of Laughter

Jacob - Cypress, Texas

I believe in the power of laughter.

I have an addiction. I do not believe I can overcome it. Actually, I think I don’t want to. I am addicted to something that gives me more thrill and adrenaline than any “street drug” could offer. I am addicted to laughter.

I believe that laughing is not only addicting, but contagious. It spreads greater and faster than the 1918 flu pandemic. Sometimes when a person starts laughing, it can get pretty hard to quit. The dictionary definition of laughter is to express mirth, pleasure, derision, or nervousness with an audible, vocal expulsion of air from the lungs that can range from a loud burst of sound to a series of quiet chuckles and is usually accompanied by characteristic facial and bodily movements. However, my definition of laughter is a cure-all medicine that gives hope, happiness, and pleasure to all who endure the experience.

Laughing can heal the sick. When a person laughs, the body releases endorphins, a compound that makes the body feel better. When a person laughs, they get a self induced sense of power that increases the body’s ability to overcome things, like sickness. Also laughing gives people hope, and God said that hope can overcome anything, even the most dastardly things.

Laughing has the ability to do absolutely anything, from being a contagious disease, or by curing one. Laughing exercises the body and can bring the most melancholy of all people into an era of great bliss. The power of laughter exceeds everything and every being. If more people would not focus on all the negative things like jealously or envy, and just laugh about all of the positive events that has happened to them in the past, present, and future, then people everywhere would become more joyful people.

I like my addiction. To be completely honest, I am trying to spread it around as much as possible. I want to be a part of the growing advancement and power of laughter. The more it grows, the more it will spread and maybe people will see laughter’s power as I do.