Keep Your Friends Close

Zeshaan - Cypress, Texas

To many, this may sound cliché; “there is a someone for everyone.” As worn out as it may be it is true. This is not limited to just friends, but your family, colleagues, and co-workers. Your parents are your gateway to paradise, your friends are steps to heaven, and your colleagues are your handrails for support.

I hear that many people want to move far as possible away from their parents as soon as they turn eighteen. They say they’re tired of them telling them what to do and restricting their freedoms. In the end it’s only because they care. Most recently my friends and I wanted to go to a basketball game and asked them if I could take the car. The stadium was forty miles away from home and I never traveled that far by myself, unfortunately both of them declined to even let me touch the keys. I fussed and pouted but nothing seemed to work. Later that evening we all sat down and they talked about why they made their decision; in the end it was just because they cared and wanted me to be safe. I ask of your to not to take your parents as a burden, they are irreplaceable jewels in this lost cold world.

Imagine you became the wealthiest person on earth. You had whatever you wanted since you were little. But what money could not buy you is friends, Politically maybe but not personally. Back when I was in 7th grade I saved a lot of my Christmas money and bought at least fifteen people food for two months every other day. As long as they ate they were happy and we got along perfectly. But when I went bankrupt and stopped the local “charity”, as quickly as they came they left just as fast. If you have real friends they can be a real help, I forgot the instructions for this essay and called on of my buds up. They hooked me up with all the facts I needed and the call carried on for almost an hour. It only took him five minutes to explain the direction but the vast majority of minutes just flew by in other subjects. We talked about cars, schools, presidents and anything else that came to mind.

At work or at school your colleagues may not mean much but are a key ally in your life. Unfortunately friends cannot go everywhere you like but the people who work alongside of you can be a great deal of fun. Currently in four out of seven of my classes I get through the day with just colleagues. Even though you only see them a limited time, don’t lose them because not having anyone can bring an empty shallow feeling.

Losing a friend is like a lost life. Show commitment to being the best possible person you can be to your friends, family, and colleagues. Show your utmost of respect, courage to them. “I am asking you to Believe, not just in my ability…, I’m asking you to believe in yours.”