Dreams May Become Reality

Nicole - Ft. Collins, Colorado

I remember it as though it were last night. And in a way it was. My name means victory of the people and I believe that. All though out my short life I have often dreamed for something more. Being only 14 you’d think that the only thing I would care about would be things like how popular I am and if I have a boyfriend or not. Well those things don’t really matter to me. In fact the things that matter to me the most are my dreams. My dreams every night whisk me away to some unknown place. Were something must be thought of you. Some very special trips into my heart will be with me forever. For I believe dreams, visions, and heart’s desires can lead you to something amazing.

My very first adventurous dream happened a year ago when I turned 13. A ghost appeared to me and told me to go to sleep. I awoke in a far away forest where guards were chasing a young girl down a road. She had her hands closed around a small roll. She veered off into the woods. I followed her into a large cave, where I saw that she cared for 13 others. She broke up the role and handed small pieces to everyone. I gained the courage to walk over and talk to her. She told me that her name was Aveina. Her grandmother Mya told me that I had landed in Tellinion. The land of words. She told me that from here, days away lived the grand emperor who would tax them so high that they had to steal the little they ate and that this cave was their home now. The little ones offered me their bread but I told them to eat it. I did not need any. That night I ran out of the cave. I was grateful for their hospitality but there was something I had to do. I walked as far north as I could and found my way to the emperor’s palace. Once they let me inside I told him what I had seen, I told him “Who are you to hurt these people. You may be there ruler but you reserve no right to make people steal for a living or treat a cave as a home. A ruler is supposed to be kind towards their people, not hurt them”. Dark clouds came from his eyes and told me long ago an old hag placed a spell of darkness upon his eyes making him blind to evil. He told me thank you. I now understood what Mya meant by this was the land of words. She meant that words will reign over actions because they are peaceful not destructive.

I have had many experiences throughout my time in different lands showing me different lesson’s in life that prove to me different things. I believe dreams, visions, and heart’s desires can lead you to something amazing.