I believe in honesty

Andrew - Auburn, Washington

Some of the biggest problems in this world are caused by people wrongly conversing, false advertisement, and using deceiving words. Or otherwise called theses days lying-or not being honest. In this world that we live in today it is almost impossible to be dishonest and get away with it. It will almost always come back to you. Also you are not creating true friends when you lie, you are just telling people what they want to hear, making them like you for what you say not who you are. Being brutally honest is not always a bad thing, it can bring out your true opinion and can make people see the real you, and even if they don’t like you, it doesn’t matter. In my opinion if you are the lying type you should just try not lying to your family, friends, significant other or wife for a start. Petty lies are not the biggest deal, for example: “no mom I did not eat the last cookie in the jar! “, but you actually did is not the end of the world, but it does make people in this case your mom not trust you as much. It really makes me mad when politicians lie. This makes me mad because if they lie about a lot of things when the are campaigning and they end up getting elected, then they don’t do the things they said they would do or do the exact opposite, people are not going to like them so much any more, and they will just be trying to keep their job because the people will be trying to get them out of office. Also it is ridiculous when people lie just to get what they want. I remember when I used to lie about my homework. I would either say “yes it’s done” or “no I don’t have any homework” to my parents just to be able to go and hang out with my girlfriend, or my other friends. It seemed like a good idea until my grades started to rapidly drop and I realized that I had made a terrible mistake. My grade average dropped below a “c” average before you could say “grade point average”. My parents were furious. I was put on so many restrictions; I could not do or wasn’t allowed to do anything-absolutely nothing. I couldn’t have or do anything fun with my friends or anything not to do with school until I got my “b” average back, and kept it. Point of the story, its not worth it to lie about something to get something else, rather than just getting what you need to done and then having all the fun with whoever you want all the time you have. It seems like the human race would learn after the first or second time not to lie, but we didn’t and still don’t. Even I still lie, it happens to the best of us. But it is normal; better yet it is an unnecessary normal. We should try and resist the urge to lie and cause problems, but we cant completely-it is a habit of our minds.