Union and the workers in America

Garrett - Denver, Colorado

I believe unions can be a part of the way to solve the illegal immigration issue in America.

Open the borders and unionize the workforce. Country of origin would be secondary to being an individual who is legally able to work in the United States. No criminals or slouches, only people who were willing to seek legal employment would be eligible. A union of workers would ensure the employee in a job had already cleared background checks, governmental requirements and was an individual who had agreed to follow the laws of the land.

Burger flippers to home builders to doctors to any job in which America needs workers, A union of workers can strengthen our economy and bring stability to our recently weakened financial areas and programs. Any employer who actively hired people who did not have legal status to work would be seen as what they truly were – greedy, uncaring and un-American.

By unionizing the fields of work, American business would be able to guarantee the workers were tax paying individuals who were a part of the economic community and not something separate from this same community. No more of the immigrant worker being seen as stealing from America and the American system. Unionized workers, in the United States, regardless of country of origin, would be a part of building and rebuilding our nation into the powerhouse it once was deserves to be again.

A unionized work force would not drain our communities of service dollars, but, rather, would be paying into this system and making it stronger for those citizens who truly needed it. Rather than millions of illegal immigrants straining our public services systems, unionized workers would pay taxes, pay into an employer supported health care plans and would be helping to build a society, rather than chipping away at the foundation of what has made America strong in the first place – our community.

Union is not a bad word. It is the idea this country was built on and needs to be built on again.