Samantha - Northfield, New Hampshire

Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game, what do you think that means? I believe it’s all about not giving up and believing in yourself. I mostly pertain it to life, not just regular life but my sports life, and most of all my family and friends life. Just think of how many obstacles you have your whole life and no matter how many times you strike out and you get down to your all time low, you always get another chance. You keep playing the game no matter how hard it gets.

I feel this quote is a good one because it’s always helped me through life. When my parents were getting a divorce I thought that my life was going to be hell after that, and it was for a while, but it’s got a lot better. When I play volleyball and we lost the games my team was all sad and frustrated with each other, but we got better from it. This saying could just pertain to so many different things in life that I believe everyone could use it. All you have to do is just believe that you have another chance.

This has helped shape me through the obstacles that have come through my life. Some of these obstacles were easy and others were not so easy, but each and every one has made me a better person from it. I have people bring me down all the time but I believe in myself whenever other people doubt me because I know I can do it. I don’t let everyone else’s fear of striking out keep me from playing the game.

I pertain this saying to my everyday life. Everyday I go through something that I have to just believe that I can do, and I do it. It had helped shape me into the person I am today. My mom used to always say this saying to me and I never knew what it really meant until I was older. Now I know what it means and that it really works if you just believe you can do things you can do them. Even though you might strike out a few times you’ll always get to play the game again. That’s probably one of the best things my mom has ever told me.

So all I am saying is to just believe in yourself. That’s what the quote is trying to tell you. If you strike out a few times just get right back up and try again. The next time you are going through an obstacle in your life just think of this saying and pertain it to your situation. What do you think this saying really means to you?