Jasmine Cadena’s Personal Philosophy

Jasmine - Sammamish, Washington

Since I am Catholic, I believe that after you die you either go to heaven, or go to hell. God ultimately decides when it is time to leave Earth. Once he decides this he will then choose to send you to either heaven or hell. He makes this decision based on how you lived your life on Earth, and what you did. The devil lives in hell, and god lives in heaven. When I die, I honestly hope to go to heaven.

God is a very kind person. Everyone makes mistakes, but if they seek forgiveness, god will give it to them. Like in the book, The Alchemist, god sends you signs. It is your choice if you follow them, but the devil also sends you signs. God wants what is best for you, but the devil doesn’t. Also he wants you to pursue your personal legend, even though the devil is trying to ruin it.

I don’t go to church anymore, and I don’t really know the bible, so I don’t know all of the Christian beliefs. My beliefs are just kind of based on Catholicism, but are mostly what I think of the world. I personally have not died, so I don’t know what heaven, nor hell is like. I don’t believe anyone could describe it. I think that you can make heaven look like you want it to. Hell is just hell. Everyone has their own interpretations of what they look like.

To be honest, I never really put much thought into what would happen to me after I died. I always knew that I would either go to heaven or hell, but I never really thought of a reason why.

God created the world, and he decides when to take it away from people. He always knows when it is time for you to leave Earth; when you have finished your part in the world. He does not take it away from you when you make a big mistake, because he wants you to fix it. To me, God, is a sort of hero. I respect him, and trust him to do the best for me.