Jessica - Omaha, Nebraska
Themes: love

I believe that Shakespeare said it best, “Love is merely a madness.” This quote to me is basically saying what so many people including myself are constantly saying about love. People do some of the most extreme, scary, crazy, and exaggerated things for the people they love. I know this first hand. Over a guy, I will shower him with random, “have-no-reason,” gifts, study harder to become his equal, lose weight, and hold my tongue for a guy I sincerely admire and like.

Mind you, this is all within reasonable limit and taking great care to preserve my own pride. Although, there are some people who belittle themselves for the sake of love. I also believe there are those who belittle others for the sake of love. There are people who eliminate the competition through words (verbally), power or strength (physically), and by any means possible and seemingly necessary. Some people even go so far as they would kill for love or die for love.

All throughout history our ancestors have offered up themselves, died, fought the opposition, and given up many things all in the sake of love for another person. But I truly believe even though love makes many people do crazy things to attain it, the outcome is always a beautiful thing to witness or be a part of.