Life’s Purpose

Samuel - Issaquah, Washington

Life is difficult. Throughout my life, I have come up against challenges that I have overcome, such as long projects that I finish with time. Thinking back at what I have done so far, I realize that my philosophy of life is something that affects me every day. In fact, my personal philosophy is that I am meant to make the world a better place by leaving my mark on the world and being an example for my faith.

I believe that all people on Earth leave their own mark on the planet, whether it is picking up litter or becoming the chairman of a huge corporation. I have left my own mark on the world through my actions. Whenever I take out the garbage from my house I am affecting the entire planet. If I do not take out the trash and give it to the people who will get rid of it, this litter may end up in lakes or rivers and if this continues eventually the Earth would be covered with garbage and most plants and animals would die.

Another part of my philosophy is that I am to spread the word about my religion through my actions. I believe that there is nothing that can not be forgiven and that revenge leads to nothing but despair. My faith tells how people can find forgiveness for a never ending amount of time, so I always try to help people, even when they are against me. Whether or not other people are Christians, I can still show them about my faith through the way I act towards others.

I have reached my beliefs through the experiences I have gone through in my life. For example, I learned that all people leave their mark on the world during their life because of my relatives who have passed on, but have all done something for them to be remembered by that has changed the Earth, whether it is something small or huge. My belief in Christianity was first started when my parents told me about the religion and the stories told in the Bible, which made me a believer in Jesus and I have been so ever since. However, my beliefs have grown over the years because of challenges that came up in my life. Whenever I need help with something that bothers me, I look it up in the Bible and am given the answer I need to help me through it. Also, after learning about subjects such as wars or poverty, I have come to realize that something as simple as donating one dollar to a charity for the homeless can be my way of leaving my mark that will help change the world. Ultimately, there are many problems that exist in the planet we live on, but by following my beliefs I am able to help make life easier and more enjoyable for all people living here.