I believe you shouldnt worry your life away.

Lacey - 80526, Colorado

I believe you shouldn’t worry your life away. In my life I have struggled with how I am, my whole life I have been afraid of everything. I can’t handle severe realities even though they have faced me more than once. It really never hit me how much I worry and think beyond actual occurrences.

When I was thirteen I was faced with the fact that my older sister who at the time was seventeen, was diagnosed with many immune complications one such as graves disease. Like any normal family it scared us especially me, but me personally I worried myself so mush of the “if’s” “what if this” happed to her what would I do. Then I realized I was not worried about the issue, I was worried about myself, and what I would do without her, what would happen to me? I was confused and really about it and how I can deal with this and not get all tangled up in my worries and sorrow.

Two years passed and I now was fifteen and my older sister was becoming more ill and held back from a normal twenty year olds life. This affected everything once again but this caused a stressful environment for me. I worried each day and it killed me, it made me insane and mad me negative towards everything. It wasn’t until I was impacted by the beautiful message of the film “elephant” that we face cruel realities each day in our lives, we want to ignore, though constantly worry about. It didn’t hit me how deeply I felt about this, how I can’t worry what happens to my sister. Yes I can care and support her through it all, but I know she wouldn’t want me to worry about her and make myself afraid of everything. In life we can’t worry what happens to us, things happen for a reason and the reasons face you and teach you a lesson. My lesson was simple, live life at its greatest, enjoy each day with each person and just live. I know life will have many things in store for me and I can’t wait to see what will happen next. This I believe you shouldn’t worry your life away.