Beating Concionce

Benjamin - Gainesville, Florida

Everyone goes though challenges and struggles, but they always come out better than they were when they started. I to have already had one of these challenges that I mentioned. That is why I believe that you can overcome self consciousness. When I was in eighth grade I was very self conscious. But I over came that during that year and in the beginning of ninth grade.

It was around the third nine weeks of school, and I decided to go against my better judgment a get a different hair style. So I started looking for black hair salons that could do corn rows. And then over winter break I got corn rows. Giving me the confidence of going to school in them, and I had to keep them in anyway or my mom would kill me.

Then at the end of eight grade, I started getting cloths from American Eagle. Which I still get cloths from to this day. As soon as I started being more confident I also gave someone a Valentines Day present on Valentines Day.

Over coming this struggle was and will be one of the major turning points in my life. I really like to think that the actions and decisions I have made have helped me to evolve and become a less up tight person.