Day by Day

Alex - Fort Collins, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem

What have you done today? What mark have you left behind on the planet? Yet what if I told you that today would be your last, your last day on this earth? Would you change what you have done today? Would you differ from your normal outlook? Each day is a blessing. Some of us struggle to realize this as we fall out of bed ready to greet the day with our minimal effort approach. Some just scrape by, taking what they can, waiting for the day where they can feel complete.

I believe in living life one day at a time. Living as if each day is your last. The majority of us take things for granted. We just wait for the day to come where we can feel complete. Waiting, always waiting. Unfortunately, some people end their lives still waiting for that day to emerge before them. But what can be done to stop this? What can we do to ensure that we are not waiting indefinitely? Live your life one day at a time. Use each day as the one that leaves a part of you behind. We cannot put an exact number on how long we will be here, so make what you can of the time that there is to be used.

Less than a week ago, the life of my friend was tragically cut short at the age of 16. Peter was a kind person who always reached out. He tried to make a difference in the lives around him. Yet also set a great example before he left. He lived his life doing what he loved. He lived a full life each day and left behind memories and subtle reminders of himself.

Even though he is gone, he has managed to teach us a lesson. He did what he loved, and cared for those around him. As he flew down that hill on his skateboard, it was no mystery that he lived as if each day could be his last, following his dreams and achieving his goals. I believe in this lifestyle. I believe in his ways. The time we have on this planet is a gift, a gift that is not ours to keep. With this undefined limit on the timer of our soul, all we can do is live. It is what you make of it that defines you. We would all be able to make the most of what we have if we could live to our fullest. Live life as it comes to us. Take what this life gives you and use it for all you can. Fill each of your days with joy and success and experience what you can.

You never know, tomorrow you may have moved on, regardless of your intentions. So chase that dream, go that extra mile to complete your self. Live life one day at a time and use that day to your full advantage. I believe, do you?