This planet can teke care of itself.

Connor - Fort Collins, Colorado
Themes: nature

I believe in nature being able to balance itself out! The earth has taken care of itself since the very beginning. I don’t think it is going to stop taking care of itself for a long time. The earth’s oxygen level doesn’t deplete and the atmosphere will hold for forever. I believe this because the earth has gone through a lot to get to where it is now and it has adapted and balanced itself out through everything. If you look back thousands of years you could easily see that the climate and temperatures are always changing. The earth constantly goes through this cycle, cold, “normal”, warm, “normal”, and goes back to cold. This has always happened. No matter what we think is going on you can’t try to change its cycle. Right now people think we are going through global warming. Well, there is that warm cycle again! Fifty years ago people thought we were going through global cooling. This is all just a part of the earth’s natural cycle and trying to balance itself out again. Here is another example… the Sahara desert used to be a lush green jungle with many animals roaming over it. Now it is a wasteland that has no water. We could blow up all of our nukes and everyone and everything would die but the planet. It would adjust to the radiation and will soon, meaning millions or thousands of years, have plants again. Even though our earth does have a larger co2 content than it did 10 years ago, the trees and wildlife will take care of that. It is just taking its time to adjust to our oil usage. So the bottom line is that our world and everything on it has nothing to worry about. The earth is saying bring it! I can take it! This is what I believe. I believe the earth, with the help of Mother Nature, can take care of itself.