the problems when you leave your homeland

luis - 90011, California

I believe if you really want something, you will get it. “If you set your mind in something, you will archive it” these are the words my dad always says to me. When I ask him to buy me something that I really want, he tells me if you really want it, first you have to work hard for it. Then I try to show my dad that I really want that with good actions in home and doing well in school. The main reason I believe this is true, is because I have experience on it.

When I was 14 years old, my family moved from Mexico to the United States. I came here without knowing any body, without speak the language. My first day in school, was so bad. When somebody asked, “Where are you from”, or “Where are you come from” I just keep looking at the person and saying “I don’t speak English”. By that time my only goal was to speak and understand English.

In order for me to accomplish my goal, I had to work hard for it. I started to taking many English classes and practicing with my friends. Every day after school, I went home to do my homework and then start read books and writes things that I have learned. I remember one day when the teacher ask me something so easy. I answered, I don’t know. Then the whole class started laughing at me.

One year ago I began speak little and understand more. In school when I was with my friends, I was always practicing and trying to make conversations. I had one friend whom helps me when I needed help. Now I have three years living in U.S. I can understand almost everything and make a good conversation. My only problem is my writing, but if I keep working hard as I was, I will be a good writer.

Every one can get whatever they want to archive. Base in this experience that I passed, I believe what my dad always says to me. I never thought that one day, I will understand this language. Now I am able to write my feelings and express myself using English. That’s why I believe that every one can achieve whatever they want.