Nice As I Can

Michael - Fort Collins, Colorado

Nice As I Can

I believe that you should try to be nice to people, and help people when they are going through a tough time. I have experienced some tough times in my life, and through those times, there have been a number of people who have helped me out. I was very thankful that there were people who were trying to help me out, so I try to be that kind of person. A person who people enjoy being around, but know they can trust when they are struggling to go on in life.

When I was in fourth grade, my family moved to a new house on eight acres. Near the end of fourth grade, my grandpa was diagnosed with cancer. He was told that he probably wouldn’t live much longer. Being the man he was, he didn’t want his wife to be lonely after he died, so he asked my dad if the two of them could come and live in our pasture. My dad and grandpa worked out the designs for a house, and made an agreement with the city to where there could be another house on our property. My grandparents moved in next door and a few months later, my grandpa died. The whole time they were working out plans and getting all of the needed things done, my grandpa was becoming more sick. I was having a tough time getting through the hard time, but thanks to my friends and family I got through it. Now, I am thankful that my grandparents moved in next door, because now I can go over to my grandma’s house whenever I want. I can go over to get some dessert, watch TV, and play games. I am so thankful that people were nice enough to help me out while I was going through a tough time, and now I am very grateful to all those people. I just hope I can be that way all the time.

I try to help people out when they are having a tough time with something. When I am playing sports, I try and help people with what they need help with, and try to keep then focused on what they need to do, not all the other things going on around them. If someone is having a small problem such as something wrong with their equipment, I will do my best to help them out. Sometimes though, they are dealing with a much bigger situation. If I find someone having trouble with a relationship with someone or something, I will try to help them find a way through it. Sometimes that can be something like giving them a cup of milk, or it could mean talking to them and helping them with their homework every night for a month.

Whatever the situation, I try to be nice to people and help them with what they are having trouble with. Whether it means giving someone a hand when they drop something, or buying them something to eat because they have had anything to eat all day, I try to help people when they are going through a tough time. I hope you can help people with whatever they need and be a light in their life.