The Life of Unconditional Love

Sydney - Fort Collins, Colorado
Themes: love

I believe that people should love unconditionally. I have known that everybody judges one way or another. I personally judged people and I know it is morally wrong. I have learned through experiences and rationalizations that judging is unjust, horrible and plain unacceptable.

In my lifetime, I have known numerous people and have learned that they, just like me, have struggles. They can consist of addiction, whether it is drugs or alcohol, mental or physical sickness or even family relationships.

These people have taught me that they needed to be loved unconditionally. What we need is for someone just to listen to our feelings. That someone could be a family member, close friend or even a complete stranger. Unfortunately some people do not know how to listen or even understand what we are trying to say. They can say they do, but they really do not. Could it be that they are afraid to hear the truth? Or is it just like sweeping what they hear “under the rug”.

My family has always supported me, even in the worst times in my life. They loved me unconditionally. I was at a time in my life when everything I did was seditious. I was disrespectful to my parents and did not obey the simple rules they requested. These requests were to be truthful, respectful and happy and have fun. But my idea of fun was disobeying and doing what I wanted all day everyday. I yelled back in arguments and tested my limits. I lied, I cheated, I stole and I fought the rules of the house. I did not care what they thought of me and did what I wanted. I surrounded myself with people that were not good for me. I was doing things that affected my family immensely.

Finally my family became fed up with my actions and definite behaviors. They sat me down and we talked about the events and things that were going on in my life that make me act this way. I shared my disappointing reasons and we began to rebuild our family day by day. We still have conflicts but we try to work through them. But I know

that no matter what, my family will support me through anything and will love me unconditionally, in the process.

This I believe, that people should love each other unconditionally no matter what the case, no matter how hard it may be to forgive what they have done, or no matter how hard it is of the reality of the situation to come to mind. We all should treat each other with respect and love even if it is out of the norm.