Politics are evil

Jeanne - gainesville, Florida

Politics are Evil

I believe that politics are dumb, and they can really tear people apart. I think everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but when it comes to politics it can go a little too far. When you think about it, if you don’t have the same opinion about who should become the president then the other person, they might judge you and debate about who is the better candidate. Maybe even dislike you because you do not have the same opinion about ONE thing!

After about a year of advertising and debating about the election it can really get old. Through the television, bumper stickers, radios, and even phone calls to your house it can become the only thing you hear about. The last thing I want is a campaign promoter knocking on my front door making sure that our vote goes to McCain, or Obama.

I am not even an adult, therefore my opinion does not even count, so why is it that people care so much about who I think should be our president? Since people get so offended when I don’t have the same opinion as them, I don’t even express my opinion. Politics are so evil that they have even been known to tear families apart. shouldn’t relationships be based on love? Not who is a better candidate for a president, or whether or not the war should stopped, and not even if gay-marriages should be allowed.

Worst of all campaigns are so bitter. They spend millions of dollars on advertising, and even bash the other candidate. If you are competing for something that serious, the last thing you should do is make up lies and talk bad about the other candidate. By doing so it shows that you are the weaker link, and that you do not have what it takes. And more importantly what it takes to run our country. What I really hate is when people try and talk about the election, but they really do not know anything about politics to begin with. So maybe the presidential candidates should think about what they say before they actually do so.

To complete my essay, I think that politics should not be as big as what it is. I understand that it is important because it determines our president and the out come of our country, but there has to be a way that is not so serious and competitive. Bottom line is that politics are evil.