Life Isn’t Fair

Jessica - Gainesville, Florida

Life Isn’t Fair

Everyone has to deal with trials and tribulations, and its not fair. However, life isn’t either. That I do believe.

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve. GOD intended on having a perfect world, a perfect life, and just perfect people. The ideal of a perfect life was killed when Eve disobeyed GOD by eating fruit from a certain tree.

Just imagine, life today wouldn’t be the way it is. There would be no sin, meaning no one would kill, there would be no violence, and no struggles. Life shouldn’t be about worries. People constantly live with the thought of what’s going to happen next. Who will be the next victim, or will it be me? Many people are dying everyday and every second. To think about the crimes that people commit today, our life is horrible! This leads to the topic of war. In America, some people look at war as a good thing. They look at you as a hero, or a fighter for your country. Some Americans, are risking their lives or their family member’s life to go fight in a war, that no one knows the outcome on whether they live or die.

Many people take advantage of what they have, and don’t realize it could be swept from under their feet in just a matter of seconds. They don’t understand the struggles that people face. My mom, for example is a single mother of three and although she struggles, she makes it for us. So that we can have clothes on our backs, food to eat, and a roof over our heads. What about the kids around the world who don’t have parents, or people that cares for them, or the kids who are starving out in Africa and other countries? What about them? Life just isn’t right, it shouldn’t be about hunger and crimes, it should be of peace and happiness.

We all live, but in the end we all die. Some people die because of their actions and the situations they put themselves in. Then, you have those cases when the victim is innocent. I had a cousin that was in his mid 20’s. he was very cool, laid back, and just a good person. However, he ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. He got into a car accident with a big truck. The driver of the truck kept going. There was no one there to help him, and he died. January 3, 2003, was the day of my uncle’s birthday, one of his good cousins. What a wonderful birthday gift huh? He left behind a fiancé, who he had just proposed to, a son, two sisters, a mother, a father, a brother, and a host of other family members. Two months after, on March 10, 2003 his older sister died. She was in her mid 30’s. She was sick, and her weight was a factor, which led to many problems. After being in the hospital a while, she soon died.

Anyone who believes that life is fair, I beg to differ. In the real world nothing is fair. When my two cousins left, they left us grieving, and death is something that can never be forgotten.

If you find it hard to agree with, think of how we’re living today. Everything isn’t golden and sunny. They’re many reasons why I think life isn’t fair, if you think any differently, please prove me wrong.