The Love-Spun Earth

Nathaniel - Fort Collins, Colorado
Themes: love

I believe that there is more to life than meets the naked eye; that there is a deeper meaning to all that I see, and do not see, although mostly the latter. Life has a purpose; we, as humans, have a purpose, and I believe that we are meant to embrace that idea of having a purpose. To love is our greatest purpose. That I believe.

Ever since I heard the phrase, “Love makes the world go ‘round,” I have believed it. One act of kindness sparks an act of love that travels like wildfire among the populace of the world. We see these everyday, but usually we do not see it all.

Love is the visible power that turns the world. I believe that God is the invisible power that loves the world and its inhabitants. From my early childhood I have believed that God loves, and that belief has grown even as I have grown. It is God who is unseen, yet without whom life would be impossible and totally nonexistent.

My God gave the world life and gave those with life: love. Our purpose in life is to love: to love each other and our surroundings and the Creator of the entire world around us. To appreciate and to marvel at the love distributed among the people, flora, and fauna that inhabit this planet. Our purpose is to love in appreciation, back to the Creator of our Earth. This I believe.

When I walk in a field of plant life, or in a teeming metropolis of citizens, I see love. Watching the plants sway in the breeze, or seeing the hustle-bustle of the busy bees working or shopping or trying to sell something to a total stranger, I see love. Not the openly shown emotion, but the universal atmosphere of love that comes from being with other people. The type of brotherly love that unites our nation, or the affectionate love that flows from couples; I see it all as I simply look and observe. Ultimately however, I see that God’s love makes the world go ‘round.

Although it may seem that the tangible objects of life may seem important, but in reality, the unseen is far more important. This I strongly accept as true. God is important, and the love that pours from Him to humans, and then from human being to fellow human being, is important.

This belief in the power of love is enormously essential to my life. I believe that my purpose in life is to allow others to see that God’s love makes the world go ‘round, and that even though God may not be able to be seen, or love may not be noticeable all the time, they are far more valuable and necessary parts of life than the seen, tangible elements.