My Belief Walk

Jonathan - Sammamish, Washington

My beliefs are very simple. It was very easy growing up in a Christian home with good people all around me! All that good influence around me helped shape what I believe in. I believe that Jesus was the Messiah and that He died on the cross for my sins. My Bible is what I really depend on for guidance because it is the written word of God…. “Breathed by God to be recorded by men” who were there witnessing the miracles. God’s way to get to heaven is through Jesus, and without Him, I would be separated from God. That really shook me to my core and I accepted God as my personal savior.

I believe many things in my Christian faith. The Ten Commandments are very important to me, and I believe in every single one of them but it is so hard to uphold to them all. To make myself be a stronger believer in Christ, I study devotionals and read my bible daily which is a belief that I and all of my family have. It’s really simple….when you know what God says in the bible, you choose to obey or disobey. The Bible is a guide book to my faith and my beliefs and devotionals are books Christian authors make so we can study God with a format. When I read more devotions and study the Bible, I have a more intimate and close relationship with God. I believe that when I am close to Him He rewards me. Sometimes I am like a wandering sheep that is wandering away from the Shepherd, but in this case I am wandering away from my God. Sometimes I don’t always feel God with me, but I realize at those times that it’s me that wandered away or tried it on my own. He never leaves me.

I have learned in those struggles I become stronger. When I seek God, He always welcomes me back because Jesus died on the cross for my sins. Once I’ve accepted Christ, I will never be apart from Him.

I really have many beliefs, like one of the most important rules in our family that comes from the Bible. “Obey your father and mother”. God is commanding us to do this so it’s not just a suggestion. Again, it comes down to the choice to obey. The way I love, live and choose is based on what Jesus did when He was on earth and on what the bible says to do now. I turn the other cheek. I work hard “As unto the Lord, not to please man”. I love “With all my heart, soul, mind and strength”. I do what is right, I follow the law. When I don’t know what to do, I know where to go to find answers.

When I reinforce my beliefs, they become convictions on how to live life…and it’s a happy life.