Faith in the Truth

Will - Gainesville, Florida
Themes: Christianity

Faith in the Truth

What does it mean to believe? Dictionary.com asserts that the term “believe” can be defined by the following: “to have confidence or faith in truth.” I believe in the cornerstone of Christianity: I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that he was crucified and resurrected on the third day. I believe this because the bible is clear and accurate, and because there is sufficient evidence pointing towards the resurrection of Jesus.

The bible is both clear and accurate. When I have a question concerning purpose of life or a problem, the bible is useful to provide an answer. For example, I was unsure weather getting drunk was a sin according to God’s word. Bothered with this question, I searched the bible and found in Galatians chapter five, verse 21, that this was true. The bible’s accuracy is very reliable. Although people may question its consistency, the bible does not contradict itself once. Also, when the Dead Sea scrolls were found recently, evidence that the bible has been recorded almost perfectly was solidified. The bible was written quickly after the life of Jesus, and by witnesses of the life of Jesus. Because this is true, if it were lies, people of the time would not have accepted it at all. However, many believed and dedicated their life to Jesus, convinced of his existence. I also believe there is sufficient evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead three days after his death.

After Jesus was crucified, his body was put in a tomb. Three days later he disappeared. Either the body was stolen or he resurrected. There were three groups of people that were there when Jesus was crucified. The Jews that crucified Jesus, the Romans that occupied the area, and the followers of Jesus. The Jews wouldn’t have taken the body because it would prove that Jesus is divine, which they believed that he wasn’t. The Romans wanted the riots to stop so stealing his body would only cause more problems. In John chapter 20, verse 9, its clear that the followers of Jesus were unaware that Jesus was supposed to rise from the dead. What motivation, then, could the followers have to steal the body? Obviously this leaves one explanation, that Jesus was resurrected. If no one had any motivation to steal the body, to argue that someone took it is foolish.

Overall, Christianity is something that I strongly believe in. This includes all that applies to the religion. I believe that the bible is accurate and that it is the word of the lord. I believe that Jesus was the sun of god and resurrected on the third day. I believe all of this because not only the proven facts but the little signs from god that keep my trust and faith high and clean.

.