I believe in matching panties.

Karen - Agawam, Massachusetts

When I was in high school, like the rest of the girls, I was trying to figure myself out. I tried the music my friends liked, changed my style of clothing from preppy to punk and everything in between. We tried to look like celebrities and people in magazines, in the process of deciding what we really wanted to be, or at least, for me, it was what I wanted others to perceive me to be. It never really worked out for me, nothing worked. Most teens are unhappy with their looks, I certainly was. I was pretty heavy, weighing over 200 pounds, with a high of 215 around age 18.

About a year after I finished high school, I lost 80 pounds. I felt better about my health but my confidence was still missing something. That was, until I discovered a hidden secret to walking taller. It is as simple as matching panties.

It doesn’t matter what a womans’ life consists of, from busy doctors to a stay at home moms, she feels differently in a cute matching bra and panty set. It all starts with the bare essentials. Once I took the time to care about the simplest little under-things that maybe no one would even see, but I knew were there, I felt better throughout the day. My confidence soared and I had a spring in my step. Whether it is a T-shirt and jeans or a business suit that covers me, it’s knowing I am cute underneath that seems to do the trick. My attitude changed.

I talked my girlfriends into giving it a try. They followed my advice when they were having a bad day, or when they just felt off-key or depressed or needed an extra boost for an office meeting. The feedback was awesome. Most of my friends had never even thought about it, some didn’t even know if they owned a matching set. Since then, things have changed, and they aren’t going back.

I took a job a couple years ago at Victoria’s Secret and I started spreading my thoughts, I was amazed at how many women came into the store not caring and later returned to tell me it really makes a difference! “I know!” I would tell them. My friends have thanked me, strangers have thanked me and I continue to tell people today. It is much harder for a woman to mope and be grumpy in matching lime green or leopard print!

I still have random, un-matched sets, white cotton granny-panties you wear while growing up, and I can attest to the fact that they just aren’t the same and are treated as a last resort. If I am in a slump, going on a date, applying for a job, anything my day has in store- I will feel more confident and have more fun wearing matching undies. It is totally up to woman what she chooses; pink cotton, red lace, polka dots, whatever makes you smile and no one else has to know what is underneath it all. It can change your day around, possibly your life, and that is why I believe in matching panties.