This I believe

Jose - USA

I believe if you keep practicing and don’t give up you will achieve your goal.

Do you have skills to play soccer? If you don’t, would you like to try out? Do you have the attitude to play? Do you have charisma or speed? Would you take the risk to reach your goal? If so, what risks would you take?

I am an 18 year old teen and I’m going to tell you my story about how I tried so hard to be on a soccer team. Three years ago, before I came to Jefferson High School, I tried out for the Varsity soccer team at Belmont High. At Belmont I wanted to improve my speed, I tried hard to be in the team. When I tried out for the first time, I was playing a little game at first, but the coach just sent me home because I didn’t play well and because the coach was not impressed by how I played. The coach told me to come next season to see if I actually improved. If I did he would put me on the team. When I’m with my friends I played soccer for fun. I had to practice blocking or stopping the ball, and shooting it to score a goal. I also had to work on my skills and on my attitude. The risks I would take to reach my goal are practicing hard, working on my skills, trying my best to be a professional soccer player. My dream is to be in a real soccer team with professionals like Omar Bravo, Miguel Sabah, Adolfo Bautista, and Francisco Fonseca.

When I changed school, I moved to Jefferson High. I didn’t knew any one at Jeff. When I was at Jeff, I missed my friends, my teachers, even my ex girlfriend. I also missed not having my music class because my music teacher had to move to another state. At Jeff I knew my brother would be there, so I was hanging out with him most of the time. I got used to Jeff and I started meeting some friends and I started to hang out with them. I had a chance to practice for the Varsity soccer team again. I was pretty confident on myself hoping that some day I would finally make the team.

When I was trying out for the soccer team, Mr. Gutierrez, the coach for the soccer team said, “You all did a good job, I am proud of you. I don’t want to send people home, but we have a tournament in two weeks. Come back next season to try out for the soccer team.” I kept trying harder and harder to get better at this sport. Once I’m good at this sport I will be the best soccer player and I will teach my kids how to play soccer and tell them to do well in their team. I will put effort, attitude, courage, and be a team leader to tell my teammates where to move or what spot to stay for our team to win. I could tell my teammates to put a lot of effort when playing a game. As a team leader, I might scream at them, but it is the best way for us as a team to go forward and not letting the opposite team to catch up.

My belief is to be in a real soccer team. I always dream to be a professional soccer player from, Las Chivas de Guadalajara, Cruz Azul, Tigres, and of course a professional soccer player from Mexico. This is why I believe soccer is a good sport because it teaches you how to be good at this sport. It also teaches you not to give up and always try your best, whether you are a professional soccer player or not, but always have a positive attitude. This is how you will be good at this sport.