Family

Allison - Micanopy, Florida

FAMILY

Family is like a pack of wolves. They stay together unless something happens that causes them to separate. Families are close knit. The word family can mean very many different things. I have many families. The families I have I care about deeply. My first family I live with includes my mother, my older brother, a dog, and myself. The next Family is close but not as close as the family I live with. This family is my dad’s family. This family lives in California which includes two aunts, two uncles, nieces and nephews, a grandma, three dogs, and two cats. This family I am not as close to but I still call them family. I have a soccer family which is my high school team. I have been with them for four years.

The family that I live with is my closet family. My mom is my hero. She’s my night and shining armor. She’s there when I need her most. She may say no to me sometimes but I know she means well. My brother is well you know my brother. Sometimes we fight but nothing serious that could cause the family to split. But siblings are siblings so it’s okay that we get into a heated discussion every know and then, but we still love each other. This family is my closet family we all love each other.

The next family is my family in California. Every year we see each other. We are close but nowhere near as close as the family I live with, but that’s to be expected. It’s not like I call them up and tell them my secrets that I may not tell my mother or brother. So there are things that keep us separated but there also things that keep us together. This type of family is a long distance one. So I don’t get to see them as often as I would like to, but they are still close to me.

This last type of family I have is one with a very strong bond, but yet we are not nearly as close to each other as my family that I happen to live with. This family is with my high school soccer team. The bond we have is much different than a bond with a brother or a mother. These people know that they can trust you and they sometimes know what you are about to do so they can react faster to what may happen. When the seniors leave and go on to college its like a piece of me dies along with them. This family consists of roughly around eighteen girls plus the coaches depending on the size of the team.

The word family can mean a lot of different it all depends on how you look at what you have.