Fernando - los angeles, California

I personally believe that if you believe in yourself you can accomplish anything you please.

People today seem to lack self confidence and don not seem to be as confident as they should be. I honestly can say I do believe in myself. One, as an individual, should have the highest self-righteous attitude as no other. I once told myself I couldn’t proceed with school and classes. Sure enough I didn’t. For a while I was lacking and kept thinking I could not move forward with my education, instead I kept feeling sorry for myself and constantly procrastinated. Throughout the time I struggled and realized I had not been honest to myself. I was deliberately ignoring my conscience and was not caring if I was confident to do so as I was before. I later began to gain more confidence, I came to Los Angeles Trade Tech Community College, were now I am not only finishing up my senior year but this program allows me to take a variety of college courses. Only those who believe in themselves will advance. Unfortunately it took me a little longer to come to my sense. As an individual one should not look down on themselves, or feel inferior in front of others.

I believe that if I were to never have given it my all many people that looked down on me would have never witnessed my true potential. I would not be able to say such a thing; but I can, due to the fact of believing in myself. “If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, than I warn you that you’ll be unhappy for the rest of your life.”(Abraham Maslow). As of my experience I can say not to keep such negative mentality or else it is almost certain that one will end in a narrow path with guilt and constant lack of self-esteem. I believe in living up to my potential, I believe in championing my ability to believe in myself. Constantly doubting myself or not believing within my true eagerness to learn or finish any of my classes lead to the point were I was not going to finish school. From my perspective thins were just getting worse. I didn’t care at the time I thought and felt inferior amongst others. Not believing in what I could be a successful student who believed in me who believed and in no way ever had any kind of doubt within me. However all of that changed. I now have confidence and no longer do I carry uncertainty in my back. I look ahead keeping my eyes open and reach for the best. I know in the past disbelief was the one thing stopping me from finishing school and passing all my courses on time. I now do not have such mentality I can have faith within me and never give up on myself. Doubting myself lead to me not passing several classes. Believing and trusting me helped accomplish more than I expected to in school and all of my classes. I believe trusting yourself is the best way to go I believe in never doubting yourself ever! This I belive.