I Belive Life Is Not Fair

Magaly - Los Angeles, California

“I believe that God will take you through hell just to get you to heaven”.

The inspiration of my life perhaps the greatest man in the world. You’ll never see this man with his head down he is the most positive person I ever met with tall, brown skin, and black eyes with sparkles in them every time he smiled at me. The kind of positive person that smiled in the hardest times. His hugs full of tender and compassion. The person that I wasn’t afraid to open myself too. He knew me more than I know myself. His words full of wisdom and no sort of ignorance. A person to admire and worship throughout my whole life.

The man who I am proud to call my dad. A man who deserved to live like each one of us. God didn’t grant him that wish. I believe that god makes choices to either weaken you or make you stronger. In my experience it did both. My dad meant the world to me. To witness your dad’s death is not nice. When my dad passed away it took a part of my soul. I became a negative person and saw life in the perspective it had showed me. Life was like hell to me when this occurred. I guess it happened too fast and I wasn’t ready for it. Gradually I have overcome a lot but yet in my eyes I see life very hard.

When my dad passed away I really changed for bad. I stop trying in life I didn’t care about school and either myself. I guess there wasn’t that motivation that kept me trying. I got into a lot of trouble and really didn’t care in any/ kind of way. I just gave up and people tried to help but it just wasn’t the time for me. I guess that it takes a certain time to make people change within themselves. I don’t consider myself a failure all the way but I admit I failed in life. I realized this was when I saw my friends walking the stage and getting their diploma. Life literally gave me a slap in the face and made me realize that I’m much more than what people were thinking of me. When I stared at the mirror I saw this bright girl but yet full of hate and taking it within her and towards life. I was harming myself in all kinds of ways. I love to learn, it is like drugs to me. Now I’m doing very well in school. I have straight As and I feel very proud of myself. I’m showing myself that I’m able to do whatever I put my soul and mind to. I’m going to graduate hopefully in the end of this semester. My next goal is to go to college and become a social worker. I love helping and giving advice to people. I believe in change and my profession has a lot to do with this.

I consider myself a very strong person. My dad’s death made me a stronger person. It’s really hard to hurt me because I have been hurt in the worst way possible. My dad might not be here with me but he still lives in my heart and always will. I know that my positive attitude is making my dad very proud and most of all is making me ass well. I love the feeling that I have within me and I wont let nobody take it away I’m holding to it very tight. I believe life is full of challenges that you need to overcome in order to succeed. In my book the strong ones trip but never fall, their the ones that survive, the weak fall and crumble and never live on, and of course I’m the strong I might of trip but never fell and never will.