college is out of reach

kris - urbana, Ohio

I believe this that college is out of reach from most americans because the government aid just doesn’t care about those people who can’t afford college. I know a kid who was one of the smartest people in my high school but he wasn’t the richest kid. So, when doing the FASFA form he did it waited about a month before he got it back and he was so stoked because he thought he was going to get a lot back because he was poor. His head the top three schools he picked were not giving him the amount of money he need to make it through college even with a job. He was crushed and hated the fact that he went through all processing and nothing turned out for him. he ended up going to a smaller school that he can still only barely afford. Me, as a prospective student why would i want to go to all these college visits if i can not go to your school in the long run. When did our government take away higher education by driving up the costs for college. All i know is that i won’t be going to college if the prices keep rising and i can not go to a school that is worth going to.