I Believe Stress Can Cause People To Go Crazy

Andrew - grand rapids, Michigan
Themes: setbacks, sports

This I believe

I believe that Stress can make people do crazy things. I was once a person who lived with stress for a few years after my farther past away when I was six year old. I believe stress can make people mad at the whole world and make them feel down about them self. Stress causes pressure, pain, anxiety, constant worrying, and can result to physical abuse such as suicidal. Stress can cause you to hurt yourself and the people around by your action and how you react to situations. It can lead to bad eating habits such as eating a lot and gaining weight, or not eating.

I once had a friend who life was full of stress from her parent’s getting a divorce and splitting up the family. I remember sometimes she would come to school and sit in the back of the classroom, and not speak to anyone the whole day at school. She was a close friend of mine she was a nice person to be around. She would always wear this black-grey striped jacket everyday to school, and she would never take it off around anyone. One day the class went outside for gym, and she finally taken off her jacket. She had cut’s all the way down her arms to her risk as if someone had taken an old rusty razor and sliced both of her arms. I never ask what happened because I felt it was not any of my business, but I knew she was cutting herself because of the stress and depression going on in her life. I remember coming home that day from school and telling, my mother and she told me to stay away from her. I could in stay away from her because she was my friend I knew she needed some serious help with the physical damage she was doing to herself. I had no idea where to get any help for her.

I have seen stress break down many people and put them in bad mood. Stress can cause you to be miserable and unhappy. You can have high blood pressure, heart disease from too much stress. I know because of stress my friend great grandmother past away and the doctor said it had a lot to do with stress in her life. It does a lot to the human body when someone is stressed out and they don’t know how to get relief. When someone is in stress, you kind of know it when they do not have enough hope to do anything so they give up. There are some people in the world who is living with stress and do not know how to get help.

Whenever I am under stress, I go to the gym and exercise to get my mind off of things. When being stress out you should relax take time off work and give your body some time to rest. By eating healthy would reduce stress in your life a lot. If you know someone who is under stress you should try to comfort him or her and get him or her some help if needed. I believe that stress can make people go crazy in break down some people depending on how they maintain it and the help they get.