Everyone is equal

mikayla - Gainesville, Florida
Themes: equality

I believe that all humans should have equal rights. Every human is equal to every other human. Whether you are a man, woman, child, gay, straight, poor, rich, ugly or pretty. I believe that you should be treated the same.

All humans come from the same place. They have the same minds and we all come from the same origin. I do not believe that any human should be discriminated against. For example, my aunt is a lesbian and when she was applying for a job she unfortunately didn’t get it. This would be acceptable if there were clear reasonable reasons, but sadly there was only one clear reason why she was not accepted to be a professor. She was lesbian. I believe this is immoral and inhuman. Another example is discrimination or even negative thoughts toward women. Many men think that women and stupid, when this just isn’t true. There are also many other negative sayings and misconceptions against women. Such as, women should be see but not heard, women’s work, and even, “you throw like a girl”. No person should be treated any differently or even thought of differently just because they are a little different than the rest of us.

I also think that everyone should have the same rights, whether you live in the US, China, India or anywhere on this earth. I believe that children should be allowed to vote. Yes, you may be thinking to your self, “Oh, this is just a silly little child wanting to have more freedom”, but no, I have ideas and knowledge beyond even some adults. I have opinions that I believe should be heard. Just because I am a certain age doesn’t mean I am not entitled to my opinion on how things should be done. Also, the Middle East has a lot of restrictions on women. For example, women can’t divorce their spouses, but men can. What I am asking is, “why is a woman any different from a man?” Is it because our body is different? There are only minor differences. Or maybe because our minds are different? Well, honestly they aren’t. Men and Women have the same components and parts to their brain. All I want is for a person to explain to me why men are inferior, because once a good reason is said I will stop nagging, but sadly none have been stated.

Sure, I’m opinionated, but I would like to have a good reason why I can’t be. You may ask, “What is her reason for writing this essay?” Well, it is required for an English class, but my personal reason is to try to voice my 14 year old, woman self’s opinion, in a way that is allowed.