I Believe In Equality

Alleynah - Ft.Collins, Colorado

Have you ever seen that kid at school? You know the one with the black shirt, Tripp pants, spiky hair and cuffs on their wrists. Chances are that person is really nice. But many people never stop and take the chance to get to know them. Maybe because of the way they look on the outside. I believe that everyone should be treated equally, regardless of who they are. For example, there is always a kid in school that everyone makes fun of; basically saying that if you’re not one of the bullies’ clones, then the kid who is getting picked on is considered an outsider. There are some people that look exactly like their friends. Some of them do it just to fit in, and most of their individuality is only skin deep. They hang out with people who act, dress and listen to the same music that their friends do, which isn’t a bad thing. But why make fun of them?

I can never understand why some kids act the way they do. But just because the bullies are insecure with themselves doesn’t mean they should take it out on their classmates. Some people really believe in who they are, and for others to come and knock them down is wrong. I know for sure, that that is not the way others would want to be treated. Bullies are useless and they’re just a bunch of kids bored with their lives, so they make fun of others for their entertainment. Sometimes I think they are the ones who are insecure, because I know their parents wouldn’t want them acting that way. Or maybe they just do it for their parent’s attention. I think some kids act the way they do because of their parents. They want their parents to notice by getting good grades, or getting into trouble. It would be a lot better for them to just do something good to get their parents’ attention; Instead of picking on other kids, because of what they have that the bully does not.

I don’t understand why some people want to fit in so bad. I know of a few kids, who I used to go to school with, and they would always do anything to be the center of attention. Some of them would even ditch their old friends, to go hang out with new ones. Just because they didn’t think their old friends were cool enough. So they started to hang out with another group of people, who eventually got them into some bad stuff, so they could be “cool” like the other guys. It is so bad because they want to be cool for the wrong reasons. I don’t know what they will get from this. So you could say you were cool in high school? Even when in 30 years from now, no one will remember, and no one will care. But they probably have not thought about that one yet. It just goes to show what peer pressure can do to you.

I believe that everyone should be treated equally no matter who they are. Everyone deserves the same respect. In society today, it’s all about trying to be “better” than the person standing next to you. Whether that be looks, or the stuff you have. But the only thing that really matters is what’s inside of that person. Because you never know, they might be nicer than you expected if you just get to know them.