What’s Age Gotta Do With It

Emah - Orange Lake, Florida

Age is simply a number. It’s a number that tells a person when they are aloud to get their drivers license, or when they are aloud to vote and when they are old enough to drink alcohol legally. To an adult and or a teen those are some important ages and they matter a lot. What shouldn’t matter is the different age when someone is in a relationship.

In our country today we all judge people by just what’s on the outside without even knowing really knowing the person. We do that with relationships for example. Jack and Jill were the best of friends. Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after. Jack finally realized that he wanted to be more then friends with Jill so he asked her to be his girlfriend. The only problem was their friends and the people that didn’t really know them didn’t like their age difference. Jack was twenty and Jill just turned seventeen. Jill’s friends thought that it was cute that they were dating because they had been good friends for so long but, to the people that really didn’t know Jill thought it was sluttish for her to like someone three years older than her. Today we think its wrong for a girl to like someone older then them. I believe that age shouldn’t really matter because all it is a number. If two people in a relationship really like each other or even love each other they really shouldn’t listen to other people.

My aunt and uncle met when my aunt was thirteen and my uncle was sixteen they were really good friends and of course a great part of their family thought it was wrong for them to ever like each other or even hang out. They hung out any way. When my aunt turned sixteen they started dating. My aunts family didn’t really like the idea of them dating because of the age difference but only if they knew that they were going to be together for the rest of their lives like they are now. Age scares a lot of people especially when it involves dating. Some people think that they might become sexually active but you can like someone older and not be sexuality active.

So it’s wrong or sluttish for a teenage girl to like a guy older than them but what if it was a younger boy liking an older girl. Is that sluttish or wrong? Think about that. If two people are together and there is an age difference I wouldn’t worry about it because God put them together for a reason.