Small Things Lead to Big Things

Donovan - USA
Themes: change, work

I Believe

I believe that small things lead to big things. Some people call it the snowball affect, but either way it yields the same result. Start with something small and eventually it will turn into something big. Weather it is trying to save the world, or just trying to pass a math test. Taking small steps towards one’s goals is a great way to go about anything. For instance when I started to lift weights to get stronger and bigger I used this philosophy. You don’t get big over night; you have to work at it one day at a time. I would lift every day, and eventually I got stronger and stronger until when I looked back at how much I used to be able to lift, I could now lift over 3 times what I could before. Start with something small and then work up to something much bigger. Sometimes things that seemed to big to be accomplished at first, can be accomplished when smaller steps towards that goal. When I began to play guitar I also applied this to my music. I told myself that I would practice for 1 hour a day, and that if I could stay on that pace I would be able to achieve all of my goals for playing the guitar. I would start playing everything really slow, until I had it down and could play it with absolutely no mistakes. After I had that down I would play it faster, not a lot faster, but speed it up enough to challenge myself. After repeating this for a few weeks I could play just about any song I wanted, and even play it to speed. Starting with small things have helped me a few times throughout my life, and in my case small things have always led to big things