A purpose driven life

Jacob - Negaunee, Michigan

I haven’t been alive long enough to say that I am the wisest one around, but I have certainly paid attention to my surroundings the past nineteen years. I often wonder where I am going to be in five years, and sometimes the thought of not knowing scares me. Many things in this world are scary, and are hard to understand, and most of my own worries are small on the scale of all things. One thought that keeps me going is that God has put each person here for a reason, and everyone has a purpose in life.

Jesus’ life is an excellent example of purpose. God had a plan for Jesus from day one, and Jesus found out this, and fulfilled it completely. Jesus was born to do certain things on this earth, and he had a special gift. When Jesus was informed that he was to be crucified to save our sins, he wasn’t thrilled about it. He didn’t back out, though, because he knew that it was his job and his purpose, and that he would be rewarded in heaven. I honestly couldn’t tell you what my purpose is yet, but when I know what it is, I am not going to miss my opportunity. I believe that many people don’t fulfill their purpose because they don’t know what to look for. I think it is something that you have to be aware of, and ready for when the time comes. I believe in God, and I also believe that God has a plan and purpose for us all.

Purpose and fulfilling goals is a common thing, but today I see many people who have one thing on their mind: Happiness. Happiness is a good thing, but sometimes it’s not the right thing. It is almost like people think that making themselves happy is their purpose. So, people go about their lives with the motive to make themselves happy, even if it is making life much harder for other people. Sometimes I see someone taking the time to go the extra mile to do something for someone else, making their life a little bit easier. The little things like this are what add up to make a big difference. I try living every day with the attitude that I could make a difference in someone else’s life in a good way. I try and keep my mind open to things, because you never know when you’ll get the opportunity to fulfill your purpose, even if it is something as little as holding the door for a stranger.