Lynn - Evansville, Indiana
Themes: nature

I just got back from yet another trip to enjoy the ambiance of the fall season. It was such a lovely day to just be out in nature. The blue sky as the background and the beautiful yellow and red hues of the leaves made me feel glad to be alive. A distant hawk flying overhead with the occasional familiar formation of geese, made for such a feeling of appreciation to be a witness to the scenery. We drove further to our destination through a tunnel of golden trees as the sun caught the vibrant colors. The winding road amid the hills and curves took us to more open spaces and less of the city traffic. We arrived at the perfect time to celebrate a happy occasion with my family. The temperature was just right. There was no need for heavy jackets but light outer wear due to just a hint of the coming cooler air. We were soon amid pumpkins,hay,apples,falling leaves and all other signs of the season.The rest of the day was filled with awe of all the loveliness of nature and the hugs and laughter of people glad to just be together. As I looked out and took a deep breath I felt happy to be part of this world. I was soon enjoying a relaxing fall outing with my family. As I looked out over all the fields,clean of their crops, and the glorious trees I was overcome with gratefulness for the gift of such majesty and beauty. This day has also been special for me because I have been with my family. My love for my family is so overwhelming at times that I dare not mention their names as to bring tears to my eyes. The sense of belonging to people you love and that love you ,has to be one of the greatest human joys. As the day began to turn to dusk and the shadows of the creatures running in the field were barely visible, the night was closing in. The crescent moon and the stars were burning bright against the black night sky. I looked up into that sky and picked the brightest star I saw. I made a proclamation to that star as my heart felt full and my soul felt renewed. Fall is my favorite time of year I whispered and I have been blessed by it. The day has made a precious memory. God has created each and every moment and being here in this place at this time and all that I have encountered today and every day is planned by Him. He has designed every detail of every atom of every thing and everyone in the universe and it is all a gift to all of us. this I believe!