Why it’s Good to Have an Older Sister

Blanca - USA

Why it’s good to have an older sister

The closest person to me is my older sister. She is close to me because of how well we get along. We spend a lot of time together and laugh at almost everything. She gives me advice and she’s a good influence. When I’m sad she finds away to cheer me up. She’s also better than a best friend because she’s family and we’ll always stay in touch.

When it comes to advice about school, I can almost talk to her about anything and she’ll always have good advice to give. Gise keeps me from making a fool of myself. I can come to her and ask her about outfits and clothes which is good because I don’t want to think I look good when I really don’t. My sister also tells me about the boys that I ask her about. She always knows the good and bad things about them and she knows if I should stay away from them or not. She also knows who would be a good friend and who would be a bad influence on me.

The thing that I love the most is how funny she can be. We make fun of everyone and anything if we get a chance to. We don’t even need to say what’s funny we can just look at each other as if we had telepathy and burst out laughing. We can easily make each other laugh by farting, or tripping and falling over something. I can be my true self and not care what others think because I know at least one person will laugh at what ever I do. Me and my sister have so many inside jokes that make me laugh every time something reminds me of them. I cry almost every time she makes me laugh and she falls to the floor because of how hard we laugh.

When I’m down, she always cheers me up because she knows what makes me happy.

It’s pretty easy for her because of how well she knows me. I’ll tell her what’s wrong and she’ll tell me something that makes everything better bye making me laugh. She keeps all of my secrets and she’s the one person who I can trust when she says she won’t tell.

With out Gise I don’t know what my life would be like. I definitely think that every one should be thankful to have an older sister. That’s why I think Gise is a perfect example of an older sister.