Everybody Has a Hero

Kaylie - Hawthorne, Florida

I believe everybody has a hero. You might not know it until something dramatic happens. They might pass away, or they could do something that you think is amazing.

When I was in 8th grade I acted completely normal in school. When I got home, it was totally different. I was depressed and often cried. I felt out of place like nobody could make my life any harder with school and everything going on in my life. When I was sad and teary eyed I went over to my grannies house to talk to her. She was always helpful and made me feel so much better. She would sit me down and talk to me in her soft voice and let me know everything would be okay and I would get through it all.

This is what I needed was somebody to just listen and feel my pain, just to hear me. February 15, 2008 my granny passed away due to pancreatic cancer. It wasn’t until then I knew she was my hero. How I wanted to be just like her in every way.

My hero could be very different from your hero. It could be a teacher who helped you pass a grade. Maybe it is somebody who volunteered to help people at a homeless shelter. Or maybe it’s somebody who you love more than anything in the world.

Heroes are very special people. You look up to them for advice, to lead you though rough times, to achieve something great. But everybody has a hero. Look inside your heart in those hard time and see who helped you, who guided you. You know who your hero is.